Book By Kimber Simpkins
Review by Elizabeth, CN co-owner
Burdened by food and self-esteem issues? Then this book is for you!
This author comes to a point in life where she wants OUT from under the burden of an “unhappy relationship” with food. Kimber begins to love her body, feed her soul and transform her life through the practices of yoga and mediation and the cultural understanding of Buddhism.
The first step in her journey was to learn to love herself, accept her body and to let her own heart strivings guide her forward. She worked to include her own body in the “circle of what is beloved.”
These are 4 important topics she covers:
- You can't tell how someone feels about their body by how attractive they look to you.
- All women carry feelings of unworthiness!
- We all wonder about our worthiness.
- Speaking aloud the voice in our heads helps us feel less alone.
- With a little encouragement, we can find beauty in ourselves.
And she quotes Anne Sexton in saying, “Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.”
Read this compelling book and... listen hard!