By John, CN Grocery Buyer and The Naturalist Contributor
"What's that?" you may be asking. "How could the place where I purchase my vitamins and protein shakes help me get drunk?" Well, dear readers, although Cambridge Naturals will always be here for you when you're in need of a cleanse or detox, we're more than happy to help you creatively re-tox as well! Booze in careful moderation* may have some medicinal value, and its functions as a social lubricant and stress reliever have been documented since the poems of antiquity.
But antiquity is not what we're here to talk about. The world of the mixed drink has changed dramatically in the last decade, and Cambridge Naturals is stocked to the rafters with ingredients which can bring your next party to the vanguard of the craft cocktail revolution!
What follows are not a couple, not a few, but five different drinks showcasing a wide variety of items for sale in our store. It could have been a dozen! The possibilities really are limitless. Come find me in person at the store for the low-down on some of my extra-secret concoctions or to let me know what you've come up with.
THE HOT HONEY PALOMA
- 4 oz Grapefruit flavor Spindrift sparkling water
- 2 oz Organic Mezcal or Tequila*
- 1 tablespoon Mike's Hot Honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Sprig of Mint
Stir the liquor, honey, and lime juice well, then pour in the Spindrift and enjoy!
THE SAPPY CHAMELEON
- 1 oz Feronia Forests Mission Maple Syrup
- 1 oz Overproof Rum*
- 8 oz Chameleon Cold Brew
Combine and mix ingredients in a glass, stir, and serve!
THE CHAI ORANGE HONEY OLD FASHIONED
- 3 tablespoons Boston Chai Party Homemade Chai Spices
- 8 oz Organic Bourbon*
- 8 tsp Puremiel Orange Blossom Honey
- Urban Moonshine Citrus Bitters
- Mountain Valley Sparkling Water
(recipe makes 4 cocktails)
First, put the chai spices in a sachet and infuse the bourbon for a few hours. Then mix 2 oz of the infused bourbon, 2 teaspoons honey, and 3 dashes of the bitters with some ice in a shaker and shake it all up. Pour over an old fashioned glass with ice and top with a splash of sparkling water.
THE GINGER CACAO BOMB
- 1 1/2 oz Repurposed Pod Cacao Juice
- 1 1/2 oz Organic Gin*
- 1/4 oz Old Friends Farm Ginger Syrup
- a dash of Urban Moonshine Original Bitters
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in shaker with ice, shake, pour over ice, and bottoms up!
THE CAMBRIDGE NATURALS BLOODY MARY
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Hosta Hill hot sauce
- 3oz Organic Vodka*
- 6oz Mucho Gazpacho (Original)
- Mix in a glass with ice and your choice of garnish, line the rim with Maldon's smoked sea salt!
That's all for now! Cheers! Slainte! Probst! Kampai! Salud! See you next time!
*Please drink responsibly. Any of these cocktails can be made without alcohol and enjoyed immensely!