Full Time Receiver / Customer Service Specialist
Specific responsibilities and activities are subject to change as the needs of the position and business evolve.
This position pays $15.50-$17/hr depending on experience. Full time benefits include 100% medical and dental coverage, generous employee discount on purchases, and gain share opportunities.
We are seeking a candidate who has the following qualities:
- Knowledge of and/or deep interest in natural health and wellness, including supplements, body care, organic and natural groceries, herbal medicine, and/or ethical lifestyle goods
- Friendly and engaging
- Effective communicator
- Enjoys working in teams and collaborating
- Passionate about retail and customer service
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Can multi-task and ‘wear many hats’
- Computer-saavy. Competence with ECRS Catapult/similar inventory management software is a plus.
- Community-oriented and passionate about building a better world
- Can work morning, evening and weekend shifts
- Can lift boxes up to 40lbs
- Can perform repetitive tasks
Receiver (15-20 hours per week)
- Ensure that all product is received, priced, and shelved accurately and efficiently as needed.
- Receive daily deliveries into the store and keep an accurate Receiving Log.
- Work with MOD to prioritize and delegate carts to price and stock
- Maintain/organize backstock system in Storage Space
- Commit invoices into system accurately and efficiently
- Spot check inventory + pricing under guidance/direction of Receiving + Inventory Lead
- Handle all calling in/emails for credits and returns for Boston Landing
Customer Service Specialist (20-25 hours per week)
- Perform Excellent Customer Service
- Ensure that every customer is provided with an excellent experience (friendly, approachable, helpful attitude and demeanor) and that they (to the best of our abilities) find the products they are looking for.
- Maintain awareness of customers on the floor. Greet and check in with customers to see if they need help.
- Learn each section of the store floor in order to be able to direct customers to the right area to find what they’re looking for.
- Direct those customers by walking them to the products they are looking for and/or the appropriate staff person to answer questions when necessary.
- Listen to customer and actively promote our products to meet the customer’s particular needs.
- Front and face systematically through each section as directed by the manager-on-duty.
- Clean shelves with appropriate cleaning products when necessary.
- Perform closing staff duties as scheduled/needed.
- Take out trash and recycling
- Sweep and clean sales floor after close
- Ensure store and mezzanine are neat before leaving for the night
- Help front and face shelves for the morning
- Proactively communicate with Manager-on-Duty (MOD) to ensure daily tasks are completed.
- Actively work with other staff to complete tasks, promoting a positive and team oriented work environment.
- Ensure that all sections of the store appear neat, clean and organized.
- Provide register coverage, handle transactions with accuracy and maintain a clean and organized register area.
Other Miscellaneous Activities (as needed)
- Cleaning shelves, desks, bathrooms, register area, etc
- Lifting & opening boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Attending trainings, workshops, tradeshows, staff meetings as needed
- Following trends through trade journals, news articles and more industry info as provided
- Responding to emails in a timely fashion; ensuring that all communications are efficient and organized.
- Taking out recycling and trash throughout the day if needed
- Providing floor & section coverage
- Ringing customers at the register, providing register 2/3 coverage