Full Time Lifestyle Buyer + Visual Merchandiser / Customer Service Specialist
Specific responsibilities and activities are subject to change as the needs of the position and business evolve.
This position pays $16-$18/hr depending on experience. Full time benefits include 100% medical and dental coverage, generous employee discount on purchases, and gain share opportunities.
We are seeking a candidate who has the following qualities:
- Knowledge of and/or deep interest in natural health and wellness, including supplements, body care, organic and natural groceries, herbal medicine, and/or ethical lifestyle goods
- Experience with buying in a retail context
- Strong understanding of ‘retail math’ (margin, wholesale vs. retail, shrink, etc.)
- Keen aesthetic sense - passionate about making product displays look beautiful and compelling, and examining how those displays motivate sales.
- Friendly and engaging
- Effective communicator
- Enjoys working in teams and collaborating
- Passionate about retail and customer service
- Detail oriented and organized
- Can multi-task and ‘wear many hats’
- Computer-saavy. Competence with ECRS Catapult/similar inventory management and ordering software is a plus.
- Community-oriented and passionate about building a better world
- Can work morning, evening and weekend shifts
- Can lift boxes up to 30lbs
Customer Service Specialist
- Perform Excellent Customer Service
- Ensure that every customer is provided with an excellent experience (friendly, approachable, helpful attitude and demeanor) and that they (to the best of our abilities) find the products they are looking for.
- Maintain awareness of customers on the floor. Greet and check in with customers to see if they need help.
- Learn each section of the store floor in order to be able to direct customers to the right area to find what they’re looking for.
- Direct those customers by walking them to the products they are looking for and/or the appropriate staff person to answer questions when necessary.
- Listen to customer and actively promote our products to meet the customer’s particular needs.
- Front and face systematically through each section as directed by the manager-on-duty.
- Clean shelves with appropriate cleaning products when necessary.
- Perform closing staff duties as scheduled/needed.
- Take out trash and recycling
- Sweep and clean sales floor after close
- Ensure store and mezzanine are neat before leaving for the night
- Help front and face shelves for the morning
- Proactively communicate with Manager-on-Duty (MOD) to ensure daily tasks are completed.
- Actively work with other staff to complete tasks, promoting a positive and team oriented work environment.
- Ensure that all sections of the store appear neat, clean and organized.
- Provide register coverage, handle transactions with accuracy and maintain a clean and organized register area.
- Maintain inventory for all BL lifestyle lines
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly inventories on individual lines in coordination with Lifestyle Lead
- Check inventory of specific SKUs for buyers as needed
- Order all lifestyle lines for CN at BL
- Work with Lifestyle Lead to:
- Set auto-reorder parameters
- Check on quantities/inventory
- Set monthly promotions + occasional product trainings
- Track sales of Lifestyle lines and set goals for growth
- Perform customer service specific to lifestyle
- Help customers locate particular products, and educate if need be on particular merits of the lifestyle lines we carry
- Keep up to date with the latest research on lifestyle lines
- Attend Lifestyle product related trainings as needed
- Work with Lifestyle Team to seek out and consider new products for both locations
- Maintain beautiful appearance of Lifestyle products throughout the store via tasks as described in CSS duties listed above
- Work with marketing team to design and implement weekly and monthly rotating window displays and end caps in coordination with seasonal/specific themes.
- Displays should be attractive, visually balanced, and display relevant product
- Work with buyers to source “empties” for window displays and organize in storage areas
- Work with BL team to make sure that displays throughout the store are clean, shoppable, and dynamic (regularly rotating products, etc).
Other Miscellaneous Activities (as needed)
- Cleaning shelves, desks, bathrooms, register area, etc
- Lifting & opening boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Attending trainings, workshops, trade shows, staff meetings as needed
- Following trends through trade journals, news articles and more industry info as provided
- Responding to emails in a timely fashion; ensuring that all communications are efficient and organized.
- Taking out recycling and trash throughout the day if needed
- Providing floor & section coverage
- Ringing customers at the register, providing additional register coverage