Job Openings at Cambridge Naturals
Assistant body care buyer + Customer Service Specialist
September 12th 2017
Cambridge Naturals is seeking a full-time Customer Service Specialist and Assistant Buyer to join our growing and dynamic team.
We are a 43-year-old natural health and wellness retail store, carrying a wide variety of products from high quality vitamins and herbs, clean body care, organic and local groceries, household goods, yoga supplies, and a large bulk herbs and spices selection. We are locally-owned and independent and are passionate about the work we do and our local community.
The Customer Service Specialist role is an integral part of our successful business model. Customer Service Specialists wear multiple hats - everything from helping customers to back-stocking and receiving products to ringing at the cash register. The Assistant Buyer role includes overseeing several body care lines, including interfacing with reps and vendors, ordering, tracking sales and maintaining accurate inventory. This is a physical, intellectual, emotionally intelligent and engaging job.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and passion for natural body care products (including skin care, hair care, cosmetics, etc) and a basic understanding of clean, natural body care ingredients. Buying and receiving experience in a retail setting is a plus.
This position starts at $15/hr-$17/hr depending on experience. Full-time benefits include medical and dental insurance, discounts on products, and opportunities for growth. Cambridge Naturals is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Immigrants, People of Color and members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position requires at least a 1 year commitment. Candidate must be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts.
We are seeking a candidate who has the following qualities:
- Knowledge of and/or deep interest in natural health and wellness, including supplements, body care, organic and natural groceries, herbal medicine, and/or ethical lifestyle goods
- Friendly and engaging
- Effective communicator
- Enjoys working in teams
- Enjoys customer service
- Detail oriented
- Can multi-task and wear many hats
- Passionate about natural health and wellness
- Community-oriented and passionate about building a better world
- Can work morning, evening and weekend shifts
- Can lift boxes
And has the following experience/expertise:
- Strong familiarity with health and wellness products, especially body care products
- At least 1-2 years retail experience
- Buying and receiving experience in a retail setting
- Professional maturity demonstrated by 3-4 years professional work experience AND/OR a college degree AND/OR other higher education.
- Don’t have any of these and think you’d still be a fantastic candidate? Make your case in our application!
Please fill out the application: